Opened in March 2018, American Corner Szeged is the newest addition to the existing American Spaces in Hungary. It is located at Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Agora Community Center, which houses several STEM-related labs, exhibitions and programs giving the Corner a special focus on science, technology and entrepreneurship. The space is equipped with top-quality devices, including a 3D printer, and it is soon to become a Makerspace.
The Corner works in close cooperation with the University of Szeged, Agora Community Centre, schools and NGOs across the region.
The Corner hosts a number of programs including:
- English Conversation Club
- Cultural Conversations
- Book Club
- Thematic Speaker Series
- Makerspace workshops with 3D printing
- Mini-company hub for young entrepreneurs
- Skills development workshops related to digital literacy, entrepreneurship, soft skills and more
- Educational advising and alumni events