Many agencies of the U.S. government are involved in encouraging and facilitating international student mobility to the United States by ensuring that international students understand the process of coming to the United States, by explaining how to register with the appropriate authorities, and by encouraging students to maximize their learning experience safely and legally. 

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you is an excellent resource and may host offices or programs of the above-listed agencies.