The International Affairs Office houses an information center to respond to inquiries concerning U.S. education and academic mobility. Questions received include those from U.S. persons interested in working abroad, as well as those from foreign-educated persons who often seek information about how to pursue the recognition of their degree in order to work or pursue further education in the United States. Other inquiries relate to study abroad for U.S. students or studying in the United States for international students. More Information

Federal Student Aid (FSA) administers student aid programs – including grants, loans and work-study – that can help students fund their education. The FSA website includes information for students who wish to study abroad or pursue an entire degree program outside the United States, as well as information regarding the eligibility of non-U.S. citizens for student aid. More information can be found at and at

The International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office administers Title VI (domestic) and Fulbright-Hays (overseas) grant and fellowship programs that strengthen foreign language instruction, area/international studies teaching and research, professional development for educators, and curriculum development at the K-12, graduate, and postsecondary level. More Information

Foreign Gift Reporting Requirement: All Title IV domestic institutions that offer a bachelor’s degree or higher, or that offer a transfer program of not less than two years that is acceptable for credit toward a bachelor’s degree, are required to report foreign gifts if the total of all gifts have a value of $250,000 or more for a calendar year or if the institution is owned or controlled by a foreign source.

Questions and answers can be found in this “Dear Colleague Letter” 
General Information